Saturday 11 September 2010

an introduction for this blog

Hi all,

This is my first ever blog post and I hope it will prove useful to someone somewhere out there!

 First I will provide a bit of background.  I am a manager of a support team, supporting people with physical and learning disabilities to live full and independent lives of the best possible quality.  This includes going away on holidays and I thought I would share a few of the tips and tricks we have learned along the way. 

I have decided to set up this blog to help anyone who is in a situation like we are.  We have difficulty finding suitable accomodation, medical equipment such as hoists and profiling beds, and suitable transport.  I will include all my research into these areas on each destination we will travel to along the way!

I will back date some of the posts to cover places we have been in the past which we would recommend to people as well as our most recent endevours including a 5 day trip to London in August and an upcoming trip to Disneyland Paris on Monday 13/09/10. 

Any support for this blog will be greatfully appreciated.  Although only a small offering I just hope it will provide some support, reassurance, advice or ideas!  It is an area we have found a great deficit in, finding out accessibility information has not been easy and can prove a deal breaker to people in similar situations!

For now,

Thanks for reading

Catherine x

No comments:

Post a Comment